2439 N Harrison St, Arlington, VA 22207 | (MAP) | Monday – Friday 10 AM - 7 PM, Saturday & Sunday 10 AM -5 PM
Located in Lee Harrison Shopping Center, Next to Starbucks and Harris Teeter
Is this an emergency?
Call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest Emergency Room if you are experiencing shortness of breath, severe bleeding, chest pain, sudden fainting, numbness or weakness in arms or leg, difficulty walking, or a severe headache.
Allergy Treatment in Arlington, VA
There’s no denying the misery that comes from allergies, but Urgent Care Center of Arlington can help. Whether you are dealing with an acute allergic reaction that needs immediate treatment or are suffering the misery of seasonal respiratory allergies, our medical team is ready to help you get to the bottom of your suffering so you can get a true solution. With our convenient hours and central location in Arlington, relief is easy to find with a visit to Urgent Care Center of Arlington.
If you have allergies, you already know the discomfort they cause, but do you really understand how they occur? Allergies are quite common and can create serious, life-threatening symptoms or mildly annoying symptoms, depending on the cause and type of allergies. Estimates indicate that around 17 million adults and 7 million children in the United States suffer from at least one allergy.
Allergies originate in the immune system. The immune system is designed to protect the body from foreign substances through the creation of antibodies that fight those substances. When an allergic reaction occurs, the immune system malfunctions and tries to attack a harmless substance as if it were an antigen that could cause harm. It does so by creating histamine, a chemical in the body that will trigger your reaction symptoms. Something that creates an allergic reaction in your body is known as an allergen.
Types of Allergic Reactions
Different people react differently to their allergens. Some common types of allergies include:
- Skin reactions – Hives, rashes, and itchy skin can all be symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Respiratory reactions – Hay fever, or the sinus inflammation that comes with seasonal allergies, as well as itchy nose, mouth, and eyes are all a sign of respiratory reactions to allergens.
- Digestive reactions – Some food allergies can cause digestive upset, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- Anaphylactic reactions – These are the most serious allergic reactions and can be to foods, bee stings, and a number of other allergens. This reaction happens within minutes of exposure to the allergen and can cause a person’s heart or breathing to stop. A severely itching mouth, tongue swelling, breathing difficulties, and throat swelling are all first symptoms of an anaphylactic reaction and require immediate medical attention.
If you suspect that you are having an anaphylactic reaction to an allergen, call 911. For other allergy symptoms, visit Urgent Care Center of Arlington for fast assistance. We offer convenient walk-in service at a state-of-the-art medical facility conveniently located in Arlington,
Allergy Treatment Options
At Urgent Care Center of Arlington, we have a number of options we use to help treat allergies. When you visit our clinic with allergy symptoms, our doctors will first offer testing to determine the potential cause of your allergies. Then, we will prescribe treatments to help bring you relief. Treatment options include:
- Allergy testing
- Identifying and avoiding triggers
- Allergy medications
- Allergy shots
Relief from allergies is possible. If you are tired of suffering, make an appointment at Urgent Care Center of Arlington, or stop in for a walk-in clinic appointment. Our friendly staff and professional medical providers are ready to help you feel better. Call 571-395-9912 or contact us online to learn more about our allergy treatment options.
Is This a Life-Threatening Emergency?
Certain conditions are not appropriate for urgent care. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Life-threatening situations
- Serious and sudden medical conditions
If you or a loved one is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or find safe transportation to the emergency room near you.
Choose Urgent Care Center of Arlington for Allergy Testing
Whether it’s doctor’s orders, or you’re just curious about an aspect of your health, visit Urgent Care Center of Arlington for all your laboratory services and blood work needs.
- We are open after usual business hours. Don’t wait until a lab can fit you into their busy schedule. Our walk-in clinic allows you to have your blood work completed on your time.
- We accept most major insurances. We want our patients focusing on their health, not worrying about a bill.
- We treat patients of all ages. As a local, family-owned business, we understand that getting your child (no matter their age) quick, quality medical service should be easy. That’s why we treat patients of all ages.
- We are in an easy-to-access location. We are conveniently located in North Arlington in the Lee Harrison Shopping Center (in between Harris Teeter/Starbucks).
Don’t waste time scheduling an appointment or sitting in a waiting room. Visit Urgent Care Center of Arlington today for all allergy shots and treatment. Dial 571-395-9912 or contact us online if you have any questions.
Urgent Care of Arlington
2439 N Harrison St
Arlington, VA 22207
© Urgent Care Center of Arlington
All rights reserved